Pages

2 June 2010

Where did Twitterfeed go?

Twitterfeed, the online service which lets you send RSS feeds to your Twitter account, seems to be having some problems.

Their site appears to have been replaced with a spammy domain holding page. Maybe the owners have pulled the site down, or someone else has managed to renew it? Also, the feeds I had set up don't seem to be publishing.

Whatever the reasons this is a real shame - I've been using Twitterfeed for months now to send third party feeds to client twitter accounts, to help increase their tweet volume.

I've been looking for replacements, and am trialling http://rss2twitter.com. It doesn't seem to have all the same functionality as Twitterfeed, like scheduling of updates of the RSS feed, but we'll see how it works - at the moment its set up to send 3 rss feeds to http://twitter.com/dressingupideas.

4 comments:

Durkin said...

I've been using twitterfeed for months now and this is a massive blow for me if it has gone. I don't know whats happened.

I was using it to publish all my blog posts to my facebook fan pages. Its a real shame. I hope they just need to renew the domain or something.

Durkin

Unknown said...

I hadn't really used the Facebook part of twitterfeed, but I am starting to get a horrible sinking feeling now I realise just how many feeds I had going to client twitter accounts, and no easy way to migrate them to a new platform!!

Durkin said...

Indeed! I can't even get on there to remember what RSS feeds I was pushing to Twitter and Facebook. Its a shame!

If you find a good alternative I'd be very greatful if you could let me know on tom.durkin1 {at} gmail.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am using twitterfeed.com. I think this is the best website for sharing your twitter feeds.

Thanks
Website Designs & Development Company UK