Pages

23 April 2010

Kent 2020 Exhibition: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Isn't it strange how people behave at exhibitions? I had an interesting and somewhat varied afternoon at the Kent 2020 business exhibition yesterday.


It was really good to catch up with a few old faces like John Fassum at Golden Fleece Promotions,  and Chris Parker at CP Digital. Plus I met a few new faces like the guys at Eonic web developers.

Then there were the handful of bored looking people with no exhibition selling skills, or the ones with too much sales bravado who literally grab you out of the aisle onto their stand (I shan't name names).

But I will name the rudest exhibitor of the day; the guy from Sagittarius Digital who literally stopped mid-conversation to go and talk to a passer by, came back then decided when he'd enough to just turn his back on me! Bizarre! I know I was talking to him as a fellow digital marketing professional and not, so he obviously thought, as a potential client, but then surely that's called networking isn't it? Next time a larger client asks for web developer recommendations, I'll know who not to mention....

No comments: